Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Tree Tour Stop 1: The Watson Tree 2011





Welcome to the first stop on our Christmas Tree Tour of 2011! I thought it fitting that we should start with me first, so here we go:

We have a tradition here that Braden & Landen go out together on Black Friday and pick out the perfect real tree and bring it home to all us girls at home. This year they came home with a charming little tree to perfectly fit our bay window and I decided it was finally time to do a "Themed Tree". After much hunting and gathering of ideas on Pinterest, I decided on a clean, neutral theme this year full of texture and plenty of sparkle. 


I bought these chipboard words last year for dirt at Joanne's After Christmas Sale, but you can easily make your own with cereal boxes, some glitter, and glue. Just print out a template, trace onto the cereal box {it's chipboard, for free!}, and glitter away! 


I saw these gorgeous ornaments on Miss Mustard Seed and fell in love with them! I also made up some of her glittered glass ornaments. You just can't get enough glitter during the holidays. 


And of course, I had to mix in some of my favorite holiday decorations- paper lollies! If you've never made them, follow Rhonna's tutorial to whip some up!


We are having a Sugar Plum Fairy Tea Party again this year, so I like to sprinkle some Nutcrackers throughout the house to go along with our party. I found these darling mini nutcrackers on ebay last year {the company that makes them went out of business :( }, and sprayed them all white and tied them to our tree using grey Divine Twine 



For the Tree Topper I gathered more inspiration from Miss Mustard Seed and made the same tree topper as the tree she has in her showroom in Lucketts Antique Shop. I made it using the same technique as my book paper wreath I made last year- follow Miss Mustard Seed's tutorial to make your own. 


So there you have it- we have some white velvet ribbon bows ties on and some gittered snowflakes hung up that I bought at Joanne's Black Friday sale for 23 cents a piece. We still have some work to do;  I want to add some large jingle bells, some white magnolias, and maybe a hidden pickle ornament in there, but I am loving it so far! Check my blog I Love Rosemary Watson to see more Christmas Magic unfold next week! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG ... love your Christmas tree ... totally stylish, girl!

Lindsee said...

I love those nutcrackers!! So sad they aren't around anymore :( beautiful tree!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...